TCAT-Shelbyville currently offers instruction at seven locations, including the Main Campus located at 1405 Madison Street in Shelbyville.
Shelbyville Main Campus:
Administrative Office Technology, Automotive Technology, Computer Aided Design Technology, Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration, Industrial Electricity, Industrial Maintenance Automation, Information Technology & Infrastructure Management, Machine Tool Technology, Practical Nursing, Supplemental/Practical Nursing Pre-requsite Anatomy & Physiology and Math for Meds, Truck Driving, and Welding Technology.
Fayetteville, Don Sundquist Center for Advanced Technologies – Industrial Maintenance Automation.
Fayetteville, Lincoln County Central Academy – Information Technology and Infrastructure Management Dual Enrollment, Machine Tool Technology Dual Enrollment, Supplemental/Practical Nursing Pre-requsite Anatomy & Physiology and Math for Meds.
Winchester, TCAT Shelbyville Franklin County Campus – Information Technology and Infrastructure Management, Practical Nursing, Supplemental/Practical Nursing Pre-requsite Anatomy & Physiology and Math for Meds, and Welding Technology.
Instructional Service centers:
Lewisburg, Adult Education Center - Industrial Maintenance Automation
Shelbyville, Middle Tennessee Education Center (MTEC) – Information Technology and Infrastructure Management
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Student Services Department at 931-685-5013.
Why Choose TCAT Shelbyville?
- Accredited College by the Council of Occupational Education
- Highest job placement among other colleges and universities(1)
- A member of TBR - The University and Community College system of Tennessee
- Instructors and Teachers who have experience in the workforce as experts in their field
- Instructors and Teachers who are published in magazines and on the web
- Exposure to your instructor with individualized instruction 30 hours each week full-time
- No other program offers this much exposure to an expert in your career choice
- Programs accredited by independent organizations
- 11 Full-time and 6 Part-time programs including supplemental classes
- Retention and Graduation rates above other organizations
- Education to career in less than two years (Full-time)
- Higher placement rates than other organizations
- CEUs for Classes taken
- Articulation to most colleges and universities
- Student benefits that include Office 365 professional email, Live Essentials, Office Live, software discounts and more.
- Many programs offer multiple certificates, diplomas, professional certifications and licensing
- ‘Hands-on’ training and academic studies that exceed industry standards
- State of the art equipment
- One of the highest rated Technical Blogs on the web
- Financial Aid Awards from more than one entity
- Training for Business, Industries and Individuals
- TCAT Shelbyville was the first Tennessee College of Applied Technology, est. 1964(2)
This institution was authorized by House Bill 633, passed by the Tennessee General Assembly on March 15, 1963, and approved by the Governor on March 22, 1963.
The college was governed by the Tennessee Department of Education until 1983 when control was transferred to the Tennessee Board of Regents by House Bill 697 and Senate Bill 746.
Located on a 20-acre (81,000 m2) tract of land at 1405 Madison Street (U.S. Highway 41-A) approximately two miles east of downtown Shelbyville, the college serves individuals from a broad geographical area including but not limited to Bedford, Coffee, Franklin, Lincoln, Marshall, Moore, and Rutherford counties.
The first of its kind to be constructed, the Tennessee College of Applied Technology - Shelbyville, opened its doors on November 30, 1964, for full-time preparatory programs with forty-one students enrolled in six programs (Air Conditioning/Refrigeration, Auto Mechanics, Drafting, Industrial Electricity, Machine Shop and Welding).
The Tennessee Technology Center at Shelbyville became the Tennessee College of Applied Technology - Shelbyville on July 1, 2013 under Senate Bill No. 643 House Bill No. 236*. Approval of Public Chapter No. 473.
The colleges have been recognized by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Harvard's Graduate School of Education, the New York Times, EcoSouth and other leading organizations for job placement and completion rates. The colleges were also credited for completion and placement rates in the New York Times.
For more information, visit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee_College_of_Applied_Technology_-_Shelbyville