The Tennessee College of Applied Technology (TCAT)- Shelbyville is proud to be an official third-party testing center for individuals seeking to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) for both class A and B.
Jeff Carroll, instructor for the Truck Driving Program, will administer the test by appointment only.
The initial testing fee is $200 with a retake fee of $75.
Prior to scheduling your test, please make sure that you meet the following requirements:
- Valid Driver’s License and CDL Permit issued at least 15 days prior to the test
- Must have a current D.O.T. Medical Card
- The Truck and/or Trailer that you will be testing in must pass all D.O.T. requirements
- Proof of valid insurance on the Truck and/or Trailer that you will be testing in
- Truck and/or Trailer is at the proper GVWR for the license that you are testing for, and has this info clearly labeled on the vehicle along with the VIN # and valid License plate
Please Note: Testing Dates will need to be scheduled at a minimum of 7 days prior
To schedule your test, please call Jeff Carroll at 931-685-2180 or Melody Terry at 931-685-5013